North Shore Paddle Challenge at Turtle Bay Sets Standard
By: Waterman League
Tuesday, 01 November 2011
The North Shore Paddle Challenge sets the standard for the Stand Up World Series, with spectacular sprint and long distance courses providing some of the most competitive racing of the year.
WIth leading paddlers such as Connor Baxter, Slater Trout, Andrew Logreco and Kai Lenny in attendance, the North Shore Paddle Challenge was able to showcase the leading edge of racing and set the scene for the climactic Finals in 2012 that will take place on Oahu's famed North Shore, at Turtle Bay.
Check out the highlights from this groundbreaking event by going to http://www.standupworldseries.com/northshore.html
The 2012 Stand Up World Series is LaunchedThe final stages of preparation for the 2012 Stand Up World Series are now underway, as we finalize event locations for this dynamic World Qualifying Series that will see up to 17 events in 14 countries, all leading to the prestigious and climactic Final of the year to take place on the North Shore of Oahu, at Turtle Bay in October of 2012.
The first event on the 2012 World Series will take place in Fiji next month, from the 13th - 18th November, featuring the Stand Up World Series sprint and long distance courses.
Provisional Schedule, 2012 Stand Up World Series
- Namotu World Paddle Challenge Fiji, presented by Air Pacific: 13th - 18th November 2011
- Coreban International Summer Series: Big Bay, Bloubergstrand, South Africa: 16th - 18th December, 2011
- Brazil, January 2012 (date tbc)
- Chile, Februiary 2012 (date tbc)
- Punta Sayulita, Mexico: 9th - 11th March 2012 (tbc)
- Noosa, Australia: 17th - 18th March 2012
- Yaliingup, W. Australia: 24th - 25th March 2012
- Auckland, New Zealand: April, 2012
- France, May 2012
- UK, May 2012
- Germany June 2012
- Naples, Florida, June 2012
- Maui, July 2012
- New York August 2012
- Denmark, August 2012
- Sweden, August 2012
- California, September 2012
- Grand Finals at Turtle Bay Resort, October 11th - 14th October 2012