Paddle Royal San Juan SUP Cup in the Caribbean
By: Paddle Royal SUP Cup
Monday, 29 November 2010
Less than one week to go for the stand up paddle of the season in Puerto Rico. We have lots of $ saving pre-registration the all over the US, Canada, the Caribbean and Puerto Rico. It's now your turn to save some bucks and sign up! Paddle Royal is the Caribbean's richest SUP event and its presented by Velauno Paddleboading, Medalla Light and Jeep. (Paddle Royal Website
- What: Paddle Royal - $5000 Pro SUP Racing Event
- Where: San Juan, Puerto Rico in the warm, sunny Caribbean
- When: December 3-5, 2010
- Who: Everybody is welcome, from first timers to seasoned pros and everyone in between. We have divisions for kids, masters, raceboards, surf-style boards and more!
Here are more event details...
This amazing event brings together racers from all skill levels from first timers to ambitious amateurs and the kids fleet all the way up to the badass pros! This fun race will take the pros on a challenging 7 mile course around the island of San Juan on Saturday. The rest will race in and out of scenic Condado Lagoon.Sunday's sprint races will get everybody's heart pumping.
This two-day SUP extravaganza will welcome you to an awesome weekend of spectacular competition, free demos by the finest board and paddle brands, SUP fitness and yoga by visiting pros and more. Check out all the info here and by clicking over toPaddle RoyalAt Velauno, we take great care of our competitors. Lots of cash, prizes, excitement and fun will make you feel like the King or Queen of paddleboarding. Sign up now by clicking here to be part of Puerto Rico's largest SUP event of the year.
Classes, Divisions and Scoring
The Paddle Royal will feature racing in three classes: The Badass Class (Elite competitors) and Weekend Warriors (Recreational competitors) and Keikis (kids). For all the details go here.
- Badass Class (Prize Money Class)
- Men and Women 14', 12'6 race and 12'6 surf
- Weekend Warrior Class (Trophy Class)
- Men and Women in Age divisions racing 12-6 surf style boards
- Men and Women racing 12'6 race boards
- Keiki Class (Trophy Class)
- Boys and Girls in age divisions
Event scoring will be by class. The subdivisions are scored within the class (from the overall scores we award the sub-division points and prizes). Competitors will get points equal to their placing in each race. The final scores will be the aggregate results of each individual race. That means that every race counts towards your score.
This is a unique and exciting racing format. Make sure you surf over to the event website for all the racing details.
More at www.paddleroyal.info