Winners of the 2013 Carolina Cup in Wrightsville Beach
Monday, 29 April 2013
- FIRST PLACE - Danny Ching, CALIFORNIA (Danny is two-time Men's World Champion)
- SECOND PLACE - Eric Terrien, FRANCE (Eric is Men's EUROPEAN Champion)
- THIRD PLACE - Jamie Mitchell, AUSTRALIA (Jamie is ten-time Molokai World Champion)
- FIRST PLACE - Annabel Anderson, UNITED KINGDOM (Annabel is Women's World Champion)
PLACE - Jennifer Kalmbach, HAWAII (Jennifer was voted Women's Stand Up
Paddler of the Year by SUP Magazine readers in 2011)
- THIRD PLACE
- Brandi Baksic, CALIFORNIA (Brandi is a firefighter and one of the
world's fastest women in stand up paddle boarding)
breaking number of participants for seminars and races at the 2013
Carolina Cup: 900. Record breaking number of racers: 449. (The Carolina
Cup is one of the largest and most respected SUP events in the United States, and is sanctioned by the World Paddle Association.)
- Over 40 states and an estimated 5 nations were be represented.
- Complete results will be posted Saturday afternoon at: www.gameonnc.com and www.distressedmullet.com
- NON-RACE DAY photos for reprint are available at: Photo Gallery | Video (please show appropriate photo credits).
during the Carolina Cup were held to increase awareness of, and benefit
the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center in
Topsail Island, and Surfers Healing, an organization dedicated to
serving autistic children and their families.
Blockade Runner Beach Resort at Wrightsville Beach is home of the Carolina Cup.